Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One year later...

It's been a year since I moved to New Jersey. It was a fast year, packed with lots and lots of craziness, like jughandles and impatient drivers, but also lots and lots of fun, like going to the beach everyday.

Now the lights have been turned off on the island, the crowds have gone home but the ocean is still warm and the breeze is just right.

And I'm not there to enjoy it.

Yes, I have moved. I took a job with a newspaper in Delaware and packed up and moved last week. I am living in Wilmington and, while it's nice to live in a city again, I miss the breeze and the clank-clank of the sailboats at the yacht club.

I will, however, continue blogging, on my personal website: Delawhere?. The site is sorta beta right now because I haven't developed the main website, but I do have 'hidden pages' that are on the website, but only locateable (new word!) if you know the address...like the blog.

There are certain aspects of Jersey I will miss...the beach...but also many others I will not miss. While I am not going to be one of those "OMG jersey is like smelly and gross and the pits" kind of people, I am also not one of its cheerleaders. It does take a certain breed of people to survive in that state, and I am not one of them! Well, unless i lived at the beach that was never frequented by people from the north.


I hope you are still checking this page and if you are, I hope you will check out my new blog. I promise to make it pretty, soon, pretty soon.

2 comments:

Mike "Spidey" Weinand said...

Please make sure to let me know your new site. How did the MS ride go? I like your writing.
servicedoglady.blogstream.com
Thinking of you - Mary

Mike "Spidey" Weinand said...

My name is not Michael - go figure. I guess I haven't read your blog for awhile. Hope to hear from you on your new site.
Mary W (Maple Grove) & service dog Emma