Sunday, March 4, 2007

washing away


waves, originally uploaded by seat_5a.

I had a really wonderful day on Saturday. The weather was amazing--something like 50 degrees or more, I can't remember. Anyway, it was warm enough for me not to need a jacket, so I wore a tank top with a sweatshirt--and felt warm at times!

I rollerbladed to the library, but decided not to rollerblade back because my skates need some serious tune-up. Plus, the road was sort of rocky. So I hooked them up to my backpack and walked home via the beach.

Lots of families had the same idea. Families walking their dogs, including an adorable puggle named Roxy, who was fetching a baseball for her owners. Another family brought out their kites, and there was enough wind for them to soar high into the sky.

I can't believe how close I am to an ocean! The waves were soothing and I wanted to run into them...but I knew that might be chilly.

I am feeling much better than I was on my last entry, where I was partially feeling bad because I had news of a relative's death earlier that day. I went out with some co-workers Friday night and we had a really nice time.

So maybe I won't give up on making friends. =)

No comments: